For Games Rules and information also check out the following 55+ Games web site: canada55plusgames
Check out how much fun Team Yukon had at the Summer 2016 Games!
For the latest information for the 2018 Canada 55+ Games, please click here "Letter - Info Meeting 02122018" to download or print the most recent information package.
2018 "TEAM YUKON" INFORMATION
ElderActive Recreation Association is pleased to announce that the 2018 Canada 55+ Games will be hosted in Saint John, New Brunswick the week of August 21-24, 2018!
The Team Yukon Organizing Committee (TYOC) is pleased to invite you to be part of "Team Yukon". Below is some basic preliminary information:
Sports/Activities Confirmed (you can enter ONE only):
1. 8-Ball Pool 12. Horseshoes
2. Badminton 13. Ice Curling
3. Bocce 14. Ice Hockey (men/women)
4. Bowling (Candlepin) 15. Lawn Bowling
5. Contract Bridge 16. Pickleball
6. Cribbage 17. Scrabble
7. Cycling 18. Slo-Pitch
8. Darts 19. Swimming
9. Duplicate Bridge 20. Tennis
10. Floor Shuffleboard 21. Track & Field
11. Golf 22. Whist
Optional Bonus & Demonstrative Events (you can compete in one or any of these, in addition to ONE event above):
5km Run - 55+ and 65+ 10km Run - 55+ and 65+
Washer Toss Ladder Golf
Please note that due to challenges of scheduling, you are only able to enter one event for the Canada 55+ Games, but may try out locally for more than one. The 5km & 10km Run is a bonus event, and Washer Toss & Ladder Golf are demonstration events and are open to all participants in addition to your event.
• Opening Ceremonies & Meal (lunch or bbque)
• Transportation during Games
• Games Competition
• Access to Venues
• Closing Ceremonies & Dinner
"Team Yukon" Uniforms:
The 2014/16 Yukon shirt and jacket will be used in 2018. More information will be provided at the Team Yukon Information Meeting next March for new participants.
*Estimated Cost per Participant:
$75.00 Team Yukon Uniform (estimate only – for 1st time participants)
$1,600.00 Airfare to Saint John (based on full fare)
$131.25 Games Registration Fee (plus team fees if applicable)
$0.00 Transportation (provided by Host Society; covered by registration fee)
$375.00 Accommodation (based on double occupancy = $75/person x 5 nights)
Total $ 2,381.25
* The Government of Yukon has once again made a financial contribution to ERA to be used for travel subsidy for participants; the specific subsidy amount per participant will depend upon number of Yukon participants and other "Team Yukon" costs, and will be divided equally among all participants; ERA fundraising efforts may also reduce the overall cost per participant.
So what’s next?
If you know you will go, or think you might, please fill out the "I Might Go" form and return it to the ERA Office as soon as possible. The deadline is February 28, 2018, (except Curling and Pickleball: January 26, 2018). The sooner we have information, the better for planning purposes to ensure maximum participation.
"I Might Go" forms can be downloaded here Downloads/Forms
In early 2018, the Canada 55+ Games National Registration Form will be available and there will be a meeting called in March for Team Yukon participants. You will be contacted. Stay tuned.
The Canada 55+ Games are sanctioned by the:
Canadian Senior Games Association: www.canada55plusgames.com
Yukon Director – Sue Meikle (667-8729)
Alternate Yukon Director – Tom Parlee (633-4786)
"Team Yukon" is sanctioned and supported by the:
ElderActive Recreation Association
is supported in part by: