For Games Rules and information also check out the following 55+ Games web site: canada55plusgames
Check out how much fun Team Yukon had at the Summer 2016 Games!
2018 "TEAM YUKON" INFORMATION
ElderActive Recreation Association is pleased to announce that the 2018 Canada 55+ Games will be hosted in Saint John, New Brunswick the week of August 20-25, 2018!
The Team Yukon Organizing Committee (TYOC) is pleased to invite you to be part of "Team Yukon". Below is some basic preliminary information:
Sports/Activities Confirmed (you can enter ONE only):
1. 8-Ball Pool 12. Horseshoes
2. Badminton 13. Ice Curling
3. Bocce 14. Ice Hockey (men/women)
4. Bowling (Candlepin) 15. Lawn Bowling
5. Contract Bridge 16. Pickleball
6. Cribbage 17. Scrabble
7. Cycling 18. Slo-Pitch
8. Darts 19. Swimming
9. Duplicate Bridge 20. Tennis
10. Floor Shuffleboard 21. Track & Field
11. Golf 22. Whist
Optional (you can compete in either, or both of these, in addition to ONE event above):
Micro-Marathon 5 km
Micro-Marathon 10 km
(Please note that due to challenges of scheduling, you are only able to enter one event for the Canada 55+ Games, but may try out locally for more than one. Micro-Marathon is a bonus event open to all in addition to your event.)
• Opening Ceremonies & Meal (lunch or bbque)
• Transportation during Games
• Games Competition
• Access to Venues
• Closing Ceremonies & Dinner
"Team Yukon" Uniforms:
The 2014 Yukon shirt and jacket will be used in 2018. More information will be provided at the Team Yukon Information Meeting next March for new participants.
*Estimated Cost per Participant:
"Team Yukon" Uniform 100.00 (estimate only – for new participants)
Airfare to Saint John, NB 1,600.00 (based on full fare)
Games Registration Fee 142.00 (plus team fees if applicable)
Transportation .00 (provided by Host Society; covered by registration fee)
Accommodation 375.00 (based on double occupancy= $75/person x 5 nights)
Total $ 2,617.00
* The Government of Yukon has once again made a financial contribution to ERA to be used for travel subsidy for participants; the specific subsidy amount per participant will depend upon number of Yukon participants and other "Team Yukon" costs, and will be divided equally among all participants; ERA fundraising efforts may also reduce the overall cost per participant.
So what’s next?
At the ERA Semi-Annual General Meeting in the fall, we will provide "I Might Go Forms", which indicates your interest in being part of the Team. You will receive more information at the fall SAGM.
The Canada 55+ Games are sanctioned by the:
Canadian Senior Games Association: www.canada55plusgames.com
Yukon Director – Sue Meikle (667-8729)
Alternate Yukon Director – Tom Parlee (633-4786)
"Team Yukon" is sanctioned and supported by the:
ElderActive Recreation Association
is supported in part by: